Jodi Jones Studio

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Database

Post 18

This week has been mostly about researching magazine companies that are in our database and contacting them to market Jodi and Shawn's pictures and video of the fashion shoot. So I had the liberty of being in charge of what Sarah had started, and I started adding to the database. Then Thursday the day was spent contacting all the magazine companies.

I did manage to learn something. Shooting, apparently, is the easy part. It's selling yourself that's the hardest part and one must be blessed with the skill of charming others and being good at talking on the phone. I could not talk to any of these companies only over the phone and expect them to take me seriously when I sound like I'm 6 years old. Oh dear......that's a problem. Oh and the added on bonus of having a country accent. Having a charming voice just wasn't in the cards for me.

Jodi also let the interns try and figure out some layouts for the editorials she wants to do and it was interesting, I'm sure, for her to see our thought process. I think she's to sweet to tell us if they sucked. I'm just going to leave it at that.

I saved this paragraph, what I like it to known as " The exciting paragraph," for last. Today I'm planning on Jodi showing me how she does retouching. This is exciting news for me. =D She has a meeting with the magazine Interview, for tomorrow to show them the video and photographs from the photoshoot "hunting for witches"...coming soon in news stands by you!

Okay that's it! I want to give a special shout out to my friends and family back home, Hey! I want to thank everyone, who probably qualified as being mentioned in the sentence before this one, for reading this post.

Take it easy!

Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment