Jodi Jones Studio

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The "New Guy"

Joining the forces of the Bitchen Interns is myself, Christopher White. I am now part of the fashion photographer Jodi Jones and her Bitchen Interns. Today was my first day at the studio and the first encounter with Jodi and the rest of the gang. Not sure what to expect, I walked into the studio with full optimism. I have never been to the Williamsburg part of Brooklyn before and roaming around there today was an amazing feeling. Williamsburg, Brooklyn is an extremely laid back neighborhood with majority of its people ranging from the ages of 20 to 30. It literally was an Urban Outfitter’s town with my new term I learned today “hipsters.”

After meeting Jodi and my fellow internee Jacqueline Pate, we hung around the studio talking and getting to know each other. Once we got comfortable, we got down to some work. My project today was making the studio equipped with wireless Internet. God damn was that an endeavor. After 5 trips back and fourth to Mikey’s Hook Up, we finally got the studio wireless. Sam “The Cobra” from Mikey’s got sick of my bitching and returning that once it was all over we were both relieved.
I know this is a lame blog post since it is me blurbing about the first day, but I promise later ones will be fantastic. My highlight of the day was at dusk when Jodi took us up to the roof where we were right by the East River looking at the New York City skyline. It blew my mind and had my jaw dropped for minutes.

I’ve wanted to be a part of something like this for a long time, today was a little tiring with running back and fourth but in the end seeing that skyline connected a lot of loose ends for me. This is an internship of a lifetime. I’m going to take every breath of it and soak it while I can since I know one day it will be gone.

It’s 11:22 pm and I am halfway home back to Jersey with an alarm for 7am tomorrow to be back to the studio by 9:30ish for my first shoot…so take it easy.

.:Live it Up, Christopher P. White:.

No comments:

Post a Comment